Sunday, March 14, 2010

I have a flight into JFK and my next flight goes from Newark (EWR) what is the cheapest way to get there

I have a flight into JFK and my next flight goes from Newark (EWR) what is the cheapest way to get there?
I heard from someone it is $90 for a cab. I looked on Google earth and couldn't see if JFK has a train station. Please Help!
New York City - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can take one of the buses that run to EWR from JFK and its pretty cheap (like $20/person). All three NYC area airports (LGA, JFK, and EWR) are operated by the Port Authority of NY & NJ, so there are plenty of ways to make connections between all three. I don't think its $90 for a cab, its probably more like $70, because I know that you can get a hired sedan from Carmel Limosuine for around $70 to take you to EWR. Go on the port authority website for JFK and look at the ground transportation options.
2 :
There is a monorail (I think it's called the Air Tran) from JFK to Jamaica Station (the Long Island Rail Road). You could then get to Penn Station and get NJ Transit (or maybe it's PATH?) to Newark Airport. That's a lot of trouble, though, and if there are those buses that will take you directly, that would seem to be the cheapest, easiest way.

Search News