Thursday, October 7, 2010

If you had to get a connecting flight at either JFK, Newark or Atlanta, which one would you choose

If you had to get a connecting flight at either JFK, Newark or Atlanta, which one would you choose?
I'm going to L.A. in June & I have the option of changing flights at one of these airports. Which one would you choose any why? Thanks!
Air Travel - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Newark. Atlanta is too big for its own good. The airport is so big, you actually have to take a subway from one terminal to the next one if your connecting flight leaves from a different terminal. Of JFK and Newark, I've just had fewer problems at Newark.
2 :
I think it would depend on a number of factors such as when you are flying, what airline you are flying with and how long the connection at the airport would be. If flying during the winter, I would choose Atlanta because the New England corridor is prone to getting lots of snow which can cause delays and cancellations. However if you were flying American or JetBlue, I would connect in JFK since the airlines have new terminals at the airport so they would have nice facilities. However one of the biggest factors would be how long the connection is. I would rather have a reasonable connection time such as 2 hours versus having to wait 4 or 5 hours at an airport. I had a 7 hour connection at San Francisco which was a bit hard to endure.
3 :
If it's on the same airline and domestic to domestic, I'd look at which connecting point is pretty much on the way rather than out of the way, bearing in mind that in winter your chances of avoiding cancellations and delays are usually better at ATL than at JFK or EWR. (Didn't necessarily work out that way this week, but in general it does.) If it's not on the same airline throughout, I'd probably pick ATL. Probably. But really you'd have to look at all the details.
4 :
Atlanta. My DH is an airline pilot and he tells me the NY airports (JFK and Newark) are ALWAYS a mess.
5 :
Atlanta. The NE flight corridors are always such a mess. Most flights leave late... even if they do depart on time, there's usually long lines of aircraft waiting to depart. Even though ATL is one of the world's busiest, things are usually somewhat smoother.
6 :
Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta. Every day of the week. Delays are rare and very easy airport to get around. well designed.
7 :
I would totally go with Atlanta. It's definitely my favorite airport. Lots of NE airports tend to be crowded and have longer delays simply because of all the flights taking off. (Someone I know had a flight from Newark and they had to wait for SEVENTEEN planes to take off before they could!)

Search News