Saturday, March 21, 2009

Non Stop flight from Newark to Mumbai Continental Airline

Non Stop flight from Newark to Mumbai Continental Airline?
I am contemplating wether to book tickets for my wife and 9 month old daughter on Continental airlines as I have heard mixed reviews about the airline and it service. Since they will be travelling alone I am more worried. Please share your experience and help me decide.
Air Travel - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I travel a lot. Two to three trips per month and I have had the best luck with Continental. There are a lot of mergers, lay-offs, and down-scaling efforts with the other major carriers going on but, Continental is still hanging in there.
2 :
For sure it's not a non stop flight. Most likely goes via London. That said I have no problems with Continental. Have you considered using Jet Airways. They fly NY to Mumbai via London but being an Indian airline then there should not be a language problem when speaking to the cabin staff. Ian M Edit Apologies, checking further shows the Jet Airways flight goes via Brussels. You can go via London but there is a plane change. CO48/49 is indeed a direct flight 16 hours is pushing it in a B.777 so don't be surprise if the westbound flight diverts for a fuel stop.
3 :
It's a non-stop flight, CO48 going out and CO49 coming back, on a 777, duration 15-16 hours. It's a long time to manage looking after a 9-month old on your own. We had two of us on a 12hr + 3hr pair of flights looking after our 6-month old and that was not easy. Cabin crew were great (this was Singapore Airlines though). Continental are one of the better American carriers IMHO. I've heard they have a good reputation for helping with infants as well. I'd say go for it but be aware of the length of the flight - your wife will be tired after such a flight.
4 :
Continental is the best

Search News