Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Can I reach uptown NYC with this flight

Can I reach uptown NYC with this flight?
I booked a flight into Newark that lands at 4 pm on a Thursday. I wasn't supposed to have to be anywhere until 7p, and the event was in walking distance (less than a mile) from my hotel (near Madison Sq. Garden). BUT the venue was just changed to the 92th St. Y. And I have to stop and check in at the hotel to dump my luggage. Supposing the plane is miraculously on time, then 3 questions for that hour of the day: how long might it take to get from the Newark airport to Madison Sq Garden? What's the best/fastest way to get from airport to hotel - cab? shuttle? bus? how long to get from MSG to 92th St? FYI - I'll just have carry-on luggage; won't be checking bags. Can't believe I did this - rush hour in New York! Thanks in advance. Thanks to you both! I had no idea there was a train from NJ to NY. Brilliant. And inexpensive. Just the ticket at rush hour (hopefully I can get on before the rest of the world does). I will definitely keep this info with me. And NNY - your subway map is terrific - now if only the plane is on time!
New York City - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It would take about 40 something minutes from Newark to MSQ a bus is the most common way! I surprisingly got a limo but bus was the plan I think! which may take an hour in rush hour etc.. From MSG to 92nd street can take no more than 10 minutes on the subway!
2 :
CC, to answer your question. 1. the trip from EWR to NYC depends on what form of transportation you're taking. 2. the best way to get into and out of NYC will be by train. From EWR take the Newark Airtrain to the Newark-Liberty Airport train station and hop on NYC-bound (eastbound) NJ Transit train from there to New York Penn Station, which is located underneath Madison Square Garden. The trip takes about 15 to 20 minutes and the one way fare is $15. 3. from MSG, the best way to get there will by subway. The 92nd Street Y is located on East 92nd Street and Lexington Avenue. Here how to get there from MSG. Step 1: take the uptown (northbound) #1, 2 or 3 subway lines (Red Line on the subway map) from 34th Street-Penn Station to Times Square. Step 2: at Times Square, transfer to the 42nd Street Shuttle (Black Line). Take the Shuttle eastbound from Times Square to Grand Central. PLEASE NOTE: When traveling on the 42nd Street Shuttle, please be aware the station is build on a curve, therefore there is a gap between the platform and the train. Please watch your step when getting on or off the Shuttle train at Times Square. Step 3: at Grand Central, follow the directional signs and the crowd leading you to the #4, 5, 6 and 7 lines (Green and Purple Line). Take the uptown #6 local train from Grand Central to 96th Street. Step 4: at 96th Street, exit the subway and walk 4 block south along Lexington Avenue, from the subway station to 92nd Street. The 92nd Street Y is located on the east side (on your left hand side) of Lexington Avenue. The fare on the subway is $2 each way and transfer between subway lines are free. I hope this information is very helpful. If you have any questions or need travel directions while in town, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I'll be glad to help. Good luck Native New Yorker
3 :
Hello, I think this can help you very much to find nice hotel deals .we can check and compare Current Prices and reviews at “hotel combine”. http://www.Besthotelbookingguide.blogspot.com Good luck!....

Search News