Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How to become a flight attendant

How to become a flight attendant?
I am a 24 year old female who is looking to change careers. I have been in sales for the past 2 years and retail before that. I travel a lot and recently on my last flight from Newark to Miami realized I would love to become a flight attendant. As soon as I came home from my vacation I started my search. I have applied for various job opportunities but each and every single airline responds that I don't have the qualifications to meet the position at this time. What my question is, how can I begin to acquire experience in this field? I read that if the airline selects you they send you to a 4-6 week training course. But how does one reach the training course if no one is willing to give them a chance?? If anyone has any feedback or personal experience on the subject, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't have an answer to that but I do second that question because I've attempted applying as a flight attendant and I get nowhere with it. : /
2 :
I'm not sure who your sources were, but they were not correct. The minimum requirements are at least 18 years of age and a high school diploma or GED. Things that can disqualify you are visible tattoos (i.e. face, neck, hands) physical deformitie (missing limb, eye, etc), or grossly overweight. Height requirements fall between 5' and 6' on average. You can see who is currently hiring at www.FlightAttendantCareerGuide.com/jobs.cfm I have a bunch of articles on the career which are too long to post here on Yahoo Answers. You can see them on my blog at http://flightattendantcareer.blogspot.com/.

Search News