Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A flight thru Newark to Philly was much cheaper than a flight just to Newark. Do I have to go to Philly

A flight thru Newark to Philly was much cheaper than a flight just to Newark. Do I have to go to Philly?
I bought the round trip ticket, but really don't want to go to Philly. Newark is 130 miles closer to my destination.
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I started to answer this question but than I had doubts. Better check with the airline. Given current security measures, they get VERY upset if they think your bag is on a flight but you are not - for obvious reasons.
2 :
Short answer - yes. Especially as you have a round trip ticket. If you do not go to PHL, then you can't want to come back (reasons the airline). If you wanted a one way ticket to PHL and did not have any hold luggage, then you could just get off at EWR. It is an old travel agents trick, that sometimes a ticket from A to C via B is cheaper than A to B (which is one reason why travel agents can be better then booking on the web) - but you have to know when and how to use it!

Search News